W209 CLK comand problems after retrofit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KLP 92

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes S600, SL600, C250TD
I've just retrofitted comand into my CLk2006 CLK320 CDI.

I installed Comand part number: A2098207289

I installed AUX lead: A 169 540 49 08.

The 2 problems i have is that when i listen a radio station and switch the car off, when i get back into the car later it will play a CD in the changer.

If i listen to the CD and switch the car off it will start next time on the radio, on the first FM station (normally Absolute FM, any FM station first in ALPHABETICAL order). If i switch the car off again it will start with the CD i listened to before.

Basically the comand remembers the Cd i last listedned to, the track number and time into the track, radio presets etc but the problem is just it won#'t switch on next time listening to the same source as before.

The next issue is that the AUX in doesn't work. The part number for the lead was from a thread on this forum but it wouldn't fit the quadlock connector with the white tab in place as they have specific small grooves for the connector to slot into. I modified the tab and plugged the lead into the empty connector of the comand but stil no AUX in.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. the Comand unit was a brand new unit.

Thanks

Have you thought about selling the car and buying one with COMAND already in it, might be easier :D

On a serioius note, bring it over on Monday and we'll code it up. Might just be a coding issue. Im sure Richard or Alfie would know.

email richard or ask on his forum MB guru

Lets sort out the AUX issue first .. as I wonder if its plugged in wrongly is it confusing COMAND into selecting the wrong source. (since 2 of the cables on it are probably connected together (the shield and the AUX ground))

The white shelled 12 way female plug clips into the shell of the 4+40 "Quadlock"
When looking from the rear of the plug (where wires go in), if the 12 way "slots" are at the top then it is the right hand one. The clip part of the white shell is at the bottom (i.e nearer the middle of the quadlock than the edge)

It won't go in the left hand one as that has a different tab and the black one goes in there.

If it won't go in there you have something wrong with your quadlock (as I know you have a new AUX lead with white shell) and that needs investigating next

If you already have a white 12 way in there, remove it and replace with the new one. (it goes to an intermediate point in passenger footwell duct, and possibly an external fan connection that i've never seen an external fan plugged in to)

Richard

Lets sort out the AUX issue first .. as I wonder if its plugged in wrongly is it confusing COMAND into selecting the wrong source. (since 2 of the cables on it are probably connected together (the shield and the AUX ground))

The white shelled 12 way female plug clips into the shell of the 4+40 "Quadlock"
When looking from the rear of the plug (where wires go in), if the 12 way "slots" are at the top then it is the right hand one. The clip part of the white shell is at the bottom (i.e nearer the middle of the quadlock than the edge)

It won't go in the left hand one as that has a different tab and the black one goes in there.

If it won't go in there you have something wrong with your quadlock (as I know you have a new AUX lead with white shell) and that needs investigating next

If you already have a white 12 way in there, remove it and replace with the new one. (it goes to an intermediate point in passenger footwell duct, and possibly an external fan connection that i've never seen an external fan plugged in to)

Richard

New Aux wire removed, There is a white connector already plugged in, already looks like there is an aux lead already there as there 3 wires there in the same location as the new aux loom. There is also 2 other wires in there, maybe for the fan? There is no aux input connection in the glove box.

Anyway lead disconnected, problem still there :wallbash:

New Aux wire removed, There is a white connector already plugged in, already looks like there is an aux lead already there as there 3 wires there in the same location as the new aux loom. There is also 2 other wires in there, maybe for the fan? There is no aux input connection in the glove box.

Anyway lead disconnected, problem still there :wallbash:

Remove the white connector that is already there and put your new AUX lead in there. That goes to an intermediate point in the sill wiring duct, which then would connect (with a different lead) to the side of the glovebox. Yes, the other 2 wires are for a fan - you will find the fan connector a few inches further down the loom !

Then try the AUX and see if that works.

After that i'd suggest having COMAND properly coded, and having the firmware in the AGW updated if it needs (AGW is part of COMAND in the CLK)

Richard

Will have the unit coded and updated tomorrrow, will let you know how i get on.

Will get the navigation discs tomorrow, need to check the navigation function as well.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom