W209 CLK Convertible Roof Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wesneary

Car
CLK 320 Covertible
Hey All,

Wondering if anyone can help, I had the roof down for the first time this year recently, when closing noticed that at the back a small amount of material was left protruding on the back left(see attached images). Re opened the roof a bit and couldn't see anything unusual, pushed the material back in and closed fine, next time roof was opened same thing occurred.

I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and knew of a likely cause/cost to repair if not a DIY job.

Thanks in advance.

Wes

Attachments

• IMG_20150321_133246.jpg
    IMG_20150321_133246.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20150321_133257.jpg
    IMG_20150321_133257.jpg
    227.8 KB · Views: 38
The same thing happens to mine, it's as if the window becomes detached from the roof in places during the raising and lowering of the roof, would love to know if this is the norm or does the window require re sealing/sticking to the roof?
Sorry
Newbie here proud and happy owner of 2004 clk240 convertible, first Merc after 20 years of BMW ownership.

I think I have the early stages of this, every time I operate the rood I get a ripple of fabric in the same position, but on the opposite side

mine does it too - I've tried poking it back it but it just re appears after the next operation

Reviving an old thread. HAs anyone found an answer yet?

would be interested to know as mine does the same!

I was telling my friend that this was what he needed to do with his wife's CLK55, but he said there are two pieces of shock cor that are supposed to pull those folds in (and they're stretched). - So in theory, if you catch it early enough, you don't need to replace the water seals until they've actually failed at let water in.

Hey All,

Wondering if anyone can help, I had the roof down for the first time this year recently, when closing noticed that at the back a small amount of material was left protruding on the back left(see attached images). Re opened the roof a bit and couldn't see anything unusual, pushed the material back in and closed fine, next time roof was opened same thing occurred.

I was wondering if anyone had seen this before and knew of a likely cause/cost to repair if not a DIY job.

Thanks in advance.

Wes

I have exactly the same problem.

I have investigated and found that this section of lining is attached to a piece of elastic which pulls the lining down as the roof closes. When this breaks/perishes the lining will not retract.

I intend to have a closer look and see if it can be fixed easily, I expect it will not be, but I will have a go.

If I am successful I will post further.

In the meantime if anyone has an answer to this problem I would like to know as it is annoying me.

Thanks
73QS

No answer for you, but “They all do that sir”...or at least, I’m joining the club of owners whose cars do

I had the same problem, the fix was replace some broken "cables" those cables pull that execess down when the roof is closing.

Enviado do meu SM-G950F através do Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom