W209 CLK headlamp washer pump - location?`

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
Hi folks, looks like my washer pump has failed. Where is it located/how do I get to it? If it is easy to get too, I'll change it myself.

When I press the washer button the headlamps dim slightly but I get no noise or washer action.

I can further test it with a voltmeter once I know where it is.

If your lights are dimming that suggests a load. Daft question but its not frozen up is it? :dk:

No not a daft question - maybe it was frozen up, but should be thawed by now as it is +3 at the moment.

I'm getting no noise or anything. Checked the usual things - fuses OK, flap and washer nozzles all clear of ice and gunk.

pump will be blocked lots of gunge about this time of year particularly when water goes through several freeze thaw cycles. At + 3 degrees it still could be frozen. To stop this happening in future use 50ml per litre of mineralised methylated spirits with your normal screen wash this will prevent freezing down to - 20 degrees and will keep all seals and impellers free from gunge. It also will not harm paintwork as it is used in the glass cleaning industry so everything including windscreen rubbers will be fine. :thumb:

In terms of location I would suggest you try removing the passenger side wheel arch liner. That's where they all are on the W203 and the W209 is very similar.

Problem sorted, new pump required. Fitted in about 10 mins after removing the lower front wheel arch cover (3 bolts and a couple of clips). I even managed to catch all the screenwash, filter it and replace it back in the bottle afterwards :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom