W209 CLK indicators don't stay on?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moonloops

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W204 C350 CDI AMG Sport
Not sure why but they auto cancel after a couple of seconds which is annoying. Even when not twirling the wheel.

Is there a plastic collar that has maybe worn out or do I just replace the whole stalk as a unit (think that's what I did on my old W124)

Not sure why but they auto cancel after a couple of seconds which is annoying. Even when not twirling the wheel.

Is there a plastic collar that has maybe worn out or do I just replace the whole stalk as a unit (think that's what I did on my old W124)

Hi mate,

Not sure if you are aware, but you can either:

a) Lightly nudge the indicator stalk (up or down).
The indicator stalk will not move into another fixed postion, it will merely return to the neutral position after you nudge it.
You will notice that the indicator will flash 3 times and then cancel itself.

b) Press the indicator stalk more firmly (up or down).
You will feel the indicator stalk fall into a new fixed postion.
The indicator will now stay on until you cancel it yourself or until it self cancels after you make your turn.

If you are already aware of this, then you may have a problem with this mechanism.

Hope this helps.

:thumb:

Hi mate,

Not sure if you are aware, but you can either:

a) Lightly nudge the indicator stalk (up or down).
The indicator stalk will not move into another fixed postion, it will merely return to the neutral position after you nudge it.
You will notice that the indicator will flash 3 times and then cancel itself.

b) Press the indicator stalk more firmly (up or down).
You will feel the indicator stalk fall into a new fixed postion.
The indicator will now stay on until you cancel it yourself or until it self cancels after you make your turn.

If you are already aware of this, then you may have a problem with this mechanism.

Hope this helps.

:thumb:

Yep, I kinda came aware of the flick for a few indications recently. I should have read the manual :wallbash:

But yes I basically can't indicate to turn right without holding the stalk as it flicks back straight away.

I may give it a bit of a shove to see if it is a bit sticky.. :dk:

I did that on the w124 cruise stalk and snapped it :D

Yep, I kinda came aware of the flick for a few indications recently. I should have read the manual :wallbash:

But yes I basically can't indicate to turn right without holding the stalk as it flicks back straight away.

I may give it a bit of a shove to see if it is a bit sticky.. :dk:

I did that on the w124 cruise stalk and snapped it :D

LOL!

Yeah, perhaps it's best not to shove it. haha

Sounds like you may need a replacement.

Unless someone more experienced here can offer some self-repair advice.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom