W209 CLK Interior Boot Light, how to replace?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp87

Car
W166 GLE350d
Hello all,

My interior boot light has been out since I purchased the car 15 months ago and I have tried unsuccessfully in the past to replace it.

Tonight whilst fitting the LED license plate bulbs of KillerHerz I had another unsuccessful attempt at it... I recall Googling the subject ages ago and there was a tab/button you pushed/pulled which released the bulb but after a 5 minute search I couldn't find anything.

So, how the heck do you change this bulb, the holder sure doesn't come out with just prying the edge with a flat head. :dk:

Thanks in advance.

I think it does come out.. mine actually fell "in" - so maybe don't pull, but push?

Does it not have a diagram in the manual? I'm sure ive seen it?

I think you need a tiny jewellers screwdriver

Tried pushing to no avail - it is solid!

Read the manual again also and can't find any references to changing any interior bulbs.

I read somewhere you push a tab or something to unlock it but can't even find that thread online anymore... :(

Tried pushing to no avail - it is solid!

Read the manual again also and can't find any references to changing any interior bulbs.

I read somewhere you push a tab or something to unlock it but can't even find that thread online anymore... :(

As above a thin flathead screwdriver or 6inch metal rule at one side in the middle should push in a recess in lense cover were it sits flush with body work. Once in pry out gently. Could be either side of lens depending on which way it was mounted. This is how they come on my older c class.

Similar fitting on my CLS needed to be pushed from one of the shorter sides, so the whole thing noted in the panel, then gently prise up the end your pushing. If that makes sense!!

Thanks for the advise guys, greatly appreciated.

This has been annoying me for quite some time now!!! If this was in the Haynes manual it'd be a 5 spanner job. :lol:

Dont mean to sound rude/know it all, but I cant see what the problem is, you simply prise open the light from the gap in the side with a flat screwdriver?!?

bootlight_zps5313d91b.jpg

Dont mean to sound rude/know it all, but I cant see what the problem is, you simply prise open the light from the gap in the side with a flat screwdriver?!?

bootlight_zps5313d91b.jpg

I'm also having problems with this :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom