W209 CLK Luxury Climate Control

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cobra2222

Car
E350 CDI Coupe
Hi all,

ive managed to pick up a luxury climate control panel for my 2005 CLK and for the most part things seem to be ok, the only small bugs ive noticed are when I manually set the panel to blow only at my face or at the windscreen some air is still being directed to the footwell, the other is that the right hand side manual flow direction settings don't seem to have any effect but the left side one covers both sides, this may just be because I don't have dual zone control built into the car?

I tried to do the flap reset procedure by pressing the demist and recirculate buttons together and it starts the process but never finishes as the lights keep flashing and I can hear the process still going with different motors and flaps starting (left it for over 10 mins), does this mean I need to get it on star and have it done that way?

Last edited:
Changing the control panel gives you nothing above what you had before. That said I did notice a reduced hysteresis and when supplying cooling air, it bled a bit of warm air to the footwells, presumably to stop one's feet freezing! ;)

The reason the rest never stops is because the unit is trying to actuate flap motors you don't have and this is why the left hand flow control doesn't function. STAR did fine tune the flap positioning on mine but it can't fix what isn't fitted!

The swap looks better (IMHO) but that's about it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom