W209 CLK Outside temperature Guage reads high

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wingco

Car
CLK 220 Cdi AMG Sports 2008 W209
The outside temperature display on my W209 consistantly reads high when I'm stopped in traffic or when the car is just stopped and idling (read over 30 the other day!). This has been an ungoing problem as the only time the indication is reliable is when I'm doing steady road speeds. Have read an old post here in the forums about the sensor being incorrectly located but according to my local dealer that's not the problem!! I am unable to crawl under the car myself (75 and just had a triple heart byepass) so I am unable to verify the sensor position. Now this stuff is not rocket science yet after at least four attempts over several weeks they have failed to solve the problem, despite putting their "top man" on it and assuring me that they have fixed it. At one point they had the car for four days and their so called "top man" drove the car back and forward to work to check that it had been fixed, it had'nt! :dk: To my knowledge the sensor itself has been replaced and according to the mechanic (don't think he deserves the tiitle technician) it's all OK yet a two minute test with the car parked and idling would have shown otherwise. I'm about to write to the dealer pricipal (Mercedes Benz Carlisle :mad:) but has anyone else experienced this problem and know the cure. Or would you like to fire up your C209 and see if the outside temperature guage climbs when it's idling :thumb:
I should also mention that the car was covered by a Tier 1 Mercedes Benz Warranty (I bough it 2nd hand through an MB dealership down south).

I also have a clk 209 face lift, I don't have any problems with the outside temperature reading.
I drove my car to work so engine was hot sat there on idle and yes the temp did rise but only by 2c I'm guessing this is because of the heat from the engine
Hope this helps

As Wayne.CLK I have 05 CLK also no problems.

I have also owned a w209 and never hand a problem with the temperature sensor , it's located in the front bumper it's a little pointed looking shape if that's any help !!! Good luck and hope it gets sorted soon for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom