W209 Clk roof operation at speed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fabes

MB Enthusiast
Car
E 400 Coupe and X-Trail
As the weather is slowly improving (less rain) I have started to become a little frustrated with the absolute crawl along speed that is needed to operate the roof.
It's much, much slower than the Saab allowed

Questions
Can the speed be increased via Star (nothing stupid, but 25-30mph would be good)?

Has anyone heard of or experience of two modules you can apparently plug in (at quite some cost though)?
http://www.cabrio-plus.eu/modules/clk.php.

Smarttop is the other (nearly £400 though)

Obviously Star would be the preferred route, but all views, comments and warnings appreciated

Thanks

My E does it up to 25mph so even if it is possible I doubt you would get past that.

I thought it was 25mph on the Clk but it gets 'annoyed' well before that. Will check in the multi storey car park at work tonight (yes it's that slow!)

Hmmmmm that link isn't working....

www.cabrio-plus.eu.

Is the website if anyone can comment

RSVP

I think its set to 5mph

the site works fine

5 mph feels about the speed I had to do (basically stationary)

Anybody know if Star can unleash the same heady heights of velocity as the e class if the Clk is indeed preset sooooo slow?

Glad the link is working:bannana:

Bump.....

Anybody able to advise on STAR option to increase the speed at which the roof will operate at?

Got caught last night having to stop the car dead in crawling traffic to reset the roof operation after I crept above 5 mph mid operation

Cheers

Bump.....

Anybody able to advise on STAR option to increase the speed at which the roof will operate at?

Got caught last night having to stop the car dead in crawling traffic to reset the roof operation after I crept above 5 mph mid operation

Cheers

when asking questions like this, you really need to put the exact vehicle detail up as different years etc had different functions.

Anyway, it looks like it can (possibly) be done in dev mode, current settings looks to be 12.3456km/h which would equate to 7mph

You could try asking Colin of MBS in southampton

thanks

its a W209 CLK (09 reg)

I have spoken to Colin about this issue only this morning and it was his view that STAR wouldn't be able to overwrite this 'safety' feature

Its in for a B service, ATF change and rear pads this Friday with MBS so we'll talk more then.

He didn't know of the Cabrio plus module so is going to have a look into it, but I am leaning towards getting it given the remote opening and one touch operation it also offers alongside increased max speed operation.

I don't know if MBS practice the dark art of Dev mode on STAR, but I thought that's where it would be if at all possible......

double post - deleted

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom