W209 CLK xenon levelling sensor not working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aliharry

Car
Mercedes W202 C230k
Hi all,

I have a 2006 clk500 with factory bixenon headlights, unfortunately they do not automatically adjust when the car is started and are permanently on the lowest dipped beam making it hard to see at night.

Does anyone have any images of where the sensor is and what it should look like as I cannot find any for the 209. Also how many does it have and what are the locations.

I’ll have a look this evening to try to loosen them incase they are stuck. Are they accessible without removing the wheels if I turn the wheel ?

Thank you

Hi all,

I have a 2006 clk500 with factory bixenon headlights, unfortunately they do not automatically adjust when the car is started and are permanently on the lowest dipped beam making it hard to see at night.

Does anyone have any images of where the sensor is and what it should look like as I cannot find any for the 209. Also how many does it have and what are the locations.

I’ll have a look this evening to try to loosen them incase they are stuck. Are they accessible without removing the wheels if I turn the wheel ?

Thank you
6CF83A1F-EAE5-4BD0-AB92-C490A19C4BB4.jpg
it’s probably the arm that’s broken . They rust . This is from the front right wheel well , the other is above the rear diff , at least that’s the location on my W211 .

This was my issues .

If you have an icarsoft you can tell which is playing up (front or rear )

If you have an icarsoft you can tell which is playing up (front or rear )
Do you know which settings I can use to solve this ?

Do you know which settings I can use to solve this ?
If it’s not mentioned in my thread above , I can’t really remember, but probably under lighting somewhere , you can tell my bouncing on the car , which sensor actually changes its readings . The one that doesn’t change is faulty .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom