W209 CLK xenon transplant

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kosu

Car
05 CLK320
Hi everyone!

I have an 04’ CLK320 featuring xenon headlights and knocking bottom end + “new” low mileage 05’ CLK320 with no mechanical issues and halogen headlights (with factory fitted headlight washer)

Before I send the old one for his last trip or sell it for spare parts I'm tempted to make use of it's complete original xenon system.

I did some research, I'm aware that coding is required for the xenon to work properly after the swap, but what I'm more worried about is the process of installing the auto-levelling system for the xenons.

Have you got any experience in that matter or could recommend where to go to ask for the price?

Thanks!

@Kosu The auto levelling swap is the hardest bit to swap over. If you’re not concerned about the auto levelling you can swap just the lights and manually adjust them - it’s not advised but most MOT places are not that strict to observe self levelling. Just have it set correctly. Others will insist it must be installed with the auto levelling components.

If you have all the parts you can swap it all bit by bit but it’s fairly involved and you will likely have looms / cabling that needs to be fitted.

Aside from the MoT, do you really want to be one of those people who blinds everybody else because you cut corners? Don't be a Barry 😆

Although only you can decide if it's worthwhile. But rsonally didn't rate the xenon's on my old CLK compared to the xenon's on my old E46. I would just sell the xenon's on eBay and spend some of the Dosh on getting the halogens professionally polished and buy the best bulbs you can and blow the rest on BEER :)

It's waaay to much of a faff to be worthwhile imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom