W209 CLK320

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trunkz

Car
W203 C200 Kompressor
My W204 C250CDI was written off back in July and whilst I waited for the insurance companies to sort themselves out; I came across a 06 CLK320 CDI that had done just over 150k miles for a smidge under £2000. Condition was very good for its age; and the previous owner had done alot of work from the oil cooler seal (+oil cooler) to a new steering rack being fitted last year. Its been a great car in my few months of ownership; I noticed that the ATF was never changed so took it to prestige to have that done. A couple of questions:

1. Suspension is 'creaking'. It seems to be coming from the rear. I took a look and noticed that the tyres are all the same size which shouldn't be the case if I have AMG wheels? To confirm they 225/40/18 all round so the rears *might* be scrubbing on the bumps.

2. Kangooring on mid/full throttle. Various reports on the forums that point to things from the turbo actuator, the exhaust back pressure sensor or the whole turbo being the cause of the problem. I've plugged in my iCarsoft jobbie and the following errors come up:

2510-1: Check Y77/1 Boost Pressure Regulator. Positioner signals fault.
2616-2: Check component B60 (Exhaust back pressure sensor). Control variation is too high.
2026-1: Check component G3/2 (O2 sensor upstream of cat) Short circuit to positive.
2030-1: Check component G3/2 (O2 sensor upstream of cat) Short circuit to positive

I've since changed the oxygen sensor to a bosch unit and thats taken care of the O2 sensor issues; the only two remaining problems are 2510 and 2616 as outlined above. Banks 2,4,6 for the glow plugs are showing an open circuit as well but thats on the todo list this winter.. Praying they dont seize and snap in the head.

Work i've done since acquiring it:

1. Full service (oil, air filters, pollen and fuel filter - all mann)
2. Replaced the PCV as that was leaking oil
3. Replaced the orange turbo-air intake seal

Last edited:
Would the errors above be indicative of a faulty turbo actuator or a turbo? I know the OM642 engines from reading on the forums tend to have an issue with either; and have had a look at several eBay turbo refurb shops (London Turbos being one people have recommended on here) but keen to see what you guys think.

Saving that - it would be a trip down to PCS for them to plug into star to confirm :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom