W209 CLK500 Camber Bolts

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Kend0, Jul 19, 2017.

1. Kend0

Kend0 Member

Car:
    CLK500
    May I have some advise please folks (and apologies if this subject has been covered in some length before - Couldnt find a previous CLK topic for it)

I'll be getting the alignment (camber/cast/etc.) on a hunter machine next few weeks but aware I need to pick these up rear camber bolts before getting it done.

Thought it would be easy enough to Google them but there is all sorts of options???

Do I need a full cast/camber kit, or can I get away with just the camber bolts? I wouldn't normally ask but there is such a disparity in the price anywhere from £10 for just bolts right up to £150 for specific kits?

Is there a specific kit/set you'd recommend/this forum/individuals have used?

A lending hand (maybe a link) would be appreciated

Cheers

2. PobodY

PobodY Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    Doesn't it depend on what you want/need to adjust? If the camber is fine, you don't need anything.

I wouldn't have thought you needed to adjust the castor on the rear axle; that has more effect on the steering (although more castor can be a way to keep suspension travel whilst lowering ride height).

I'm sure the consensus will be to buy from a Mercedes dealer, but I'd be tempted to try Whiteline if you can find one that is the right size.

3. Major774

Major774 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W211 E55 AMG
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  4. OP
    OP
    Kend0

Kend0 Member

Car:
    CLK500
    Thanks for the insight gents...

I do plan on lowering the car, (H&R Springs with Koni shocks). For me it's all about getting the car to drive the way it should.

Do we have any experts with these camber bolts? Do I need just fronts... or fronts and rears?

Has anyone got any links to specific camber bolts or kits that fit the W209 CLK?

Cheers

5. PobodY

PobodY Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    What's wrong with the way it drives at the moment?

6. KennyN

KennyN Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    BMW 440i Coupe
    No point in getting anything checked / adjusted if you have not lowered it yet as lowering will throw the all the stock settings out.

Once lowered and checked out on the Hunter machine only then will you find out what requires to be adjusted , as you say the bolts are expensive so no point in buying a full set as some may not be used.

Kenny