W209 CLK500 Spark Plugs recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any chance the new Beru leads were eBay fakes?
I had no reason to believe that. I can't recall where I bought them but much of my non-MB stuff comes from AutoDoc.

hese look interesting - the guy makes them up to order

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/123967077713

It may be worth asking that chap if he has the Beru crimp tool needed to fix the wire to the ends, as in this photo:

And the tool itself that seems to cost 300-400€. Hence getting MB to make them up for me:

RayH

When you say genuine leads, do you mean leads from a main dealer?

My understanding was that Mercedes don’t keep leads in stock (at least for the M113) and actually make leads up for you if you need them, using parts.

For my W209 CLK55 I did a lot of research and concluded that Beru leads were a high quality alternative. They may have been an OE supplier. Certainly they were on the expensive side compared to others. No issues once fitted and the quality was clearly better than what came out (not sure what was in the car previously).
They don't make them up for the 113 engine. They are Bosch items but the lengths are important and the Bosch stockists don't seem to stock all the correct length ones.

Hi OP , How many miles on the plugs that are in there now ? . have you identified which cylinder is 'missing' ?
Cylinder 3 is misfiring under heavy rpm and load (above 4k) the garage who had my car to do gearbox work replaced the two plugs with Bosch iridium but the part number is 408771300 and I’m trying to confirm if those are correct for my car (2006 w209 clk500 5.0L) as I want to rule out the wrong plugs being in the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom