W209 Comand, no CD

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

markmifsud

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Insignia VXR 2.8t (2017) SuperSport, AWD, eLSD / Gone :( CLK320 CAB (A208) 02
Hi, just been looking at a friends w209, 2003 CLK.

He cannot insert a nav CD as it looks like there are two sets of metal posts blocking the CD slot about 30mm in from the front. Also, the CD Changer does not eject the cartridge, it makes the noises like it wants to but the cartridge doesn't move. Any ideas? I have tried to reset the power by removing the Neg terminal from the battery but its made no difference.

The arrows point to the metal posts inside the CD slot that are blocking the path, there are another pair of these on the other side of the slot.
20160304_120353_zpswx67tw1g.jpg

20160304_120238_zpslfjq1zpm.jpg

Are there any error codes for this as I'm sure I've heard of this before and for some reason a fibre optic bus issue sticks in my mind (possibly something disconnected in the circuit). I may be wrong though but failing that I'm sure Comand Online can advise

Thats why I disconnected the battery. I dont have my star available at the moment to scan for codes.

I am told the posts rise up when there is a Nav CD in the slot, so it could be the CD reader has packed up as well as the Magazine fault.

I suppose that all the connections are good in the back of Comand?

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I suppose that all the connections are good in the back of Comand?

I have no idea, but as Comand can see the changer then I would assume so.
He has only had the car a few weeks so I wasn't keen on pulling it apart.

Is it possible there is a CD already loaded and failed to eject?

Is it possible there is a CD already loaded and failed to eject?

Thats what I am led to believe. But Comand shows no CD loaded as per the pic I took so its not just as simple as a jammed CD :(

The old pallet knife trick not working to help release the jammed CD?

The old pallet knife trick not working to help release the jammed CD?

I didn't want to try anything too severe, he does have warantee but he doesn't really want to leave the car with them for a week or so, and the dealer isn't exactly local to him.

He said he can live without the Nav if he could get the Changer to work.

It's more than likely going to be the sat nav disc stuck in there

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Cant help with the Nav cd but the changer fault is common and there is a lot of info on here about it if you do a search. Had the same problem with same read outs. Sorted mine by holding eject button down and sharply tapping CD cartridge with plastic screwdriver handle at the same time . Might have to do it a few times but usually this works but don't go mad! Never had a problem since. Apparently its due to the silicone grease used on the mechanism drying out and occasionally it jams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom