W209 - COMAND system

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by m8late, Apr 29, 2014.

1. m8late

m8late New Member

Car:
    CLK
    Hi,

I'm a newbie to this forum but was wondering if anybody had any advice regarding the below issue.

I have recently purchased a 2006 (56) W209 CLK 320. The car comes with COMAND sat nav etc. However, it appears that when using the sat-nav, you have to know the postcode and street name. You do not seem able to be able to simply input the full postcode as a destination. Is this correct, or am I missing something?

Also, the system does not seem to be able to pair with my iphone 5. Infact, I don't think my phone even sees the system.

Would there be an update disk that may solve the above problems? Also, there doesn't appear to be a manual for the system. A manual could well shed some light on the above issues as well. I have looked around and don't think there are any downloadable PDF versions. Does anybody know how I would go about getting one?

Thanks in advance for any help anybody can offer!

2. whitenemesis

whitenemesis MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Lexus RC300h F-Sport 2016
    2006 COMAND will only accept partial post codes (not sure now if it's just 4 or 5 characters) and will not connect via bluetooth to phones.
    You will have to check if the car is pre-wired for phone. Look inside the centre armrest for a triangular connector. You would then need to fit a bluetooth puck or cradle to connect to the phone.

Check out this website for phone cradles etc..

Mercedes Bluetooth & Phone | Comand Online Ltd

You can download a pdf COMAND manual from the link below, be aware it's from the US though. UK dealers are still able to source hardcopies if you are patient

Owners Manual: A Go-To Source for Information on your Vehicle | Mercedes-Benz

3. OP
    OP
    m8late

m8late New Member

Car:
    CLK
    Thank you for the reply; very much appreciated

Tags: