w209 command dvd not working !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bluerainbow

Hello Everybody,
I am a new member and this is my first post. I recently bought a v8.0 command navigation dvd from a friend for my 2005 clk w209. The car had one of the early versions on it when i bought it(v2.2). When I took the old one out and put the new one in, half way through the process Error2 message comes up and fails to update the version. I also went to 2 merc dealers near me, they both said it should work just by replacing it with the new one. I also heard from others that I might need a software update disc first. Where can I get this update disc? What's the part no? Merc dealers say that there's no such a disc. & you don't need it... I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't find it. Thank you to everyone for taking their time to answer, I really appreciate it. I didn't get much help from the dealers today. Thank you very much.

Hello Everybody,
I am a new member and this is my first post. I recently bought a v8.0 command navigation dvd from a friend for my 2005 clk w209. The car had one of the early versions on it when i bought it(v2.2). When I took the old one out and put the new one in, half way through the process Error2 message comes up and fails to update the version. I also went to 2 merc dealers near me, they both said it should work just by replacing it with the new one. I also heard from others that I might need a software update disc first. Where can I get this update disc? What's the part no? Merc dealers say that there's no such a disc. & you don't need it... I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but I can't find it. Thank you to everyone for taking their time to answer, I really appreciate it. I didn't get much help from the dealers today. Thank you very much.

There is an update disk for resetting head units.

Where are you based?

This problem is easily sorted out.

Bexleyheath, Kent. The command works fine with old v2.2. Do we still re-set it?

Try pulling the fuse for comand, leaving it for a few minutes and popping it back in. then load the new disk again. Cant remember off the top of my head which fuse it is but there will be a fuse map in the fuse box.

If this fails, pop over to Woking and we can take a look at it for you.

Hi Alfie,
Thanks for the reply. Something very unusual happened today. Almost a miracle. i had a phone call from one of the merc dealers i visited and they said they will update it and fix the problem. And it's all free of charge. I could not believe it. So pigs might fly , you never know...
I will let you know. Thanks again.

Just some useful info for you all, just in case you need it:
As i mentioned before my w209 clk had v2.2 navigation dvd on it. I wanted to upgare it to v8.0 . I ejected the old one and put the new one in but half way during the update I got an error message. Today I had a phone call from Orpinton merc and they put v6.3 on it and it took couple of min. to update and when that finished they put my dvd(v8.0) and now it works. Problem sorted. I highly recommend them, very helpful and friendly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom