W209 door weather shield

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

55AMGCLK

SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 55 AMG
Hello all

Now that the weather has improved, it is time to do a bit of maintenance on the car.

I noticed that when I opened the passenger door, a bit of water was coming out from the drain holes on the door. Taking off the interior door card revealed that I had a leak which I found was down to the weather shield being torn as per pic below.

I have purchased a new rubber shield and before I attempt to change this I wanted to see if anyone had done this before and whether there was anything I need to be aware of or any hints and tips. It does look pretty straight forward but I want to make sure I do not break any of the clips etc as the new part does not come with these.

Second question, has anyone ever attempted to repair the rubber and if so, has the fix lasted?

11C4F6A7-5734-4301-97EA-21AB41DA327B.jpeg

The reason why the rubber has torn seems to be that the window is pressing quite hard against this and causing stress as per the pic below. The other side is doing exactly the same thing. It could just be wear over the years.

Can someone who has got a W209 convertible let me know / upload a pic of what their car looks like?

These weather shields are not cheap and I do not want to replace mines to find it only lasts a couple of months due to the window closing too high.

Thanks in advance...

CF4675B3-F115-492F-A64E-21F3AF9AA2F4.jpeg

A clearer pic of how high the window rises when the door is shut. I have also added a pic for the switch that needs to be pressed to raise the window when the door is open. Would appreciate someone checking their for me to compare against I know quite a few members have CLK convertibles.

65253D35-73D4-4C24-8C2F-56B25E6E8D75.jpeg

You will need a new seal and the window glass to be adjusted properly. You can adjust it in every plane. It takes some time to do it well.

Thanks - I am hoping to get some info on how high the window should really go as both sides of my car go up the same amount. I have the new seal but do not want to install it if the window is too high as it will just get damaged again.

Bump - can anyone with a C209 help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom