W209 Driver side Door Lock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodd1980

Car
CLS55
Can someone help confirm the part number for the driver side door lock.

I have the dreaded door lock bounce but i think i caused it when took the panel off and think i caught the door pin as i put the panel on as the pin is all floppy now

I think it is a2097201635 but not 100% as i can't find any pictures, but also found a2097200435 too, bit confused

Thanks

Last edited:
You don't need the part number.

Just phone your local MB dealer and quote them the chassis number and they will order the correct (latest) part for you.

You will also need some new rivits as the window regulator has to be removed too when fitting.

You really should fit the latest part number as possible as parts often get modified through production to improve them.

Call your MB dealer and get the part number off them.

Once you have the genuine MB part number give it to Euro Car Parts as my local store said they could search under the original part numbers

Hey people, I'm having the same problem with my lock bouncing up/down and also looked on eBay for this spring repair kit!! Help would be very much appreciated..

Can be a pig of a job to fiddle the spring in after taking off all the door bits.
This will help
BENZ W211 Door lock latch actuator repair_01.flv - YouTube

Supplier
Mercedes C/E Class W203/W211 DOOR LOCK REPAIR KIT -2 x spring | eBay

Note springs are handed, I wound my own using the wire from a set of Allen key ring holder. The pattern was available from the 2 broken bits I found in the lock. Still OK after 2 years.
As you have the loose locking rod it may be more than the spring that is broken. The usual fault is the pin rattles up and down and has been described as "machine-gun" chatter.
Oh I also used small bolts and nylok nuts to secure the window channel as it was an easier fix than pop rivet. Also useful if you have to go back at any time to replace the lock as your fix may not work!
To be honest for all the fiddling and cost of springs I would now just buy the MB lock if the other side failed unless you like a challenge and have a few hours to spare.

Don

Thanks for the response and advice also the brutal honesty but that's exactly what I wanted to hear. This is the reason why I love these forums. ✌

I took a look at the video link you sent and throughout the repair the guy has a third hand helping out!!!! Lol, so I've decided to buy a new one and get ripped off by the StealerShip : (
Any tips on DIY fix would help me and my now very lite pocket... Thanks in advance

Last edited:
A repair kit for MACHINE GUN door lock's can be bought off e-bay @ £17; 2x springs (one left / one right) and a pair of forceps...simple job to fix but a pain stripping door card, air bag, door handle bracket,and window runner, allow yourself 3 / 4hrs to complete depending on your ability......

i did mine in the end 90mins approximately, i cheated thou i dropped the lock down to the speaker hole and took the lock apart through the hole, personally found that easier than take so much apart to get it out completely

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom