W209 Engine V6 Code help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

HenryHill

Car
CLK 350 Sport
My Streetwize OBDII reader came today and after checking the car I have 3 Codes and 2 Pending:

P0106
U0155
P2006
P0106P
P2006P

First time I have used a reader and so this is new ground to me. First question is....can I still drive the car with these codes? and has anyone got any help/tips/info to help me sort them out?

I do not think any of these relate to the Balance Shaft issue??

Thanks

HH

Any warning lights before you plugged your code reader ?

Any abnormal driving characteristics?

If no, you are ok to still drive it..

Hi,

Many thanks for taking the time out to reply.

There are no warning lights on the dash at all, in fact the EML light doesn't illuminate and go off when the key is 1st turned, is this normal? If not I am now concerned that maybe the previous owner disabled it to disguise something?

I have read the codes again this morning and they are still the same, what confuses me is why are the P0106 & P2006 showing as faults as well as pending faults.

I understand that P0106 is the MAP sensor and I did perform the visual check for the balance shaft by taking off what I thought were cam shaft position sensors but are these also called MAP sensors and could I have damaged one and not fitted it back correctly?

Also the U0155 comes back as lost communication with instrument panel, but everything works fine....could this be the EML Light not working?

The car drives absolutely fine (could benefit with a gearbox oil change) no chain rattle.

Apologies about all of the questions, I suppose I should get it plugged into STAR to refine the issues but I cant get that done till next week so any help before then would be appreciated.

Cheers

HH

Sprocket failure, I believe the EML comes on, timing is out.
If you are worried, STAR session to get all codes read etc.

P2006 is related to the variable inlet manifold system. The mechanism gets gummed up and the flaps which move with the VVT get stuck and the actuator arm breaks off or damages the circuit board.

The manifold air pressure fault is up because the air flow is too low at a certain RPM, indicating indeed you have a stuck flap. It can be an expensive fix.

How long have you had the car?

The U0155 code does sound like some has fiddled with the instrument panel to prevent the light coming on. How many miles has the car done?

Hi,
Thanks for the replies... car is on 94K and drives and pulls really well, the visual check for the Balance Shaft came back good.

I have had the car for a couple of weeks but bought it privately so no come back there I am afraid!

I knew it has some issues but not these ones!!!!...If it is put on STAR will that show a more comprehensive list of issues?

HH

Edit to add....Does anyone know how the EML light could have been disabled so that I can check?

I would have trading standards involved if its been a few weeks. Depending on how old the MOT is you may have some comeback, but replacing inlet manifold flap system is pricey.

The balancer shaft affects engines up to serial number 2729..30 468993. After this there are problems with position sensors for the cam shafts which are not as bad just annoying. The inlet manifold problem affects all variants as far as I am aware, however its occurence is random and down to poor service regime.

Has the code U0155 gone away after you reset it? It may have been logged when someone disconnected the instrument cluster to remove or blank off the EML. Try and delete the code and if it comes back its likely someone has tampered with the PCB on the instrument cluster.

Unimog, how pricey is pricey?

Edit to add....MOT is from 01.06.2019

Edit to further add....any ideas on this "I understand that P0106 is the MAP sensor and I did perform the visual check for the balance shaft by taking off what I thought were cam shaft position sensors but are these also called MAP sensors and could I have damaged one and not fitted it back correctly?"

Hi all,

So had my local Indy pop the car on the STAR diagnostic system and it has provided:

1916 B28 P0106 - Pressure Sensor: Implausible value - Current & Stored
2071 B14 U0155 Ambient temperature display temperature sensor - Stored
2226 The left fuel sensor has a short circuit to ground - Stored
0521 P2004 - Diagnosis of tumble flap "intake manifold" - Current & Stored
1211 P0018 - Constant adjustment of intake camshaft of left cylinder bank in direction "Advanced" - Stored - The last one did worry me as I know balance shaft is a 1200 code but from my research it is 1208 (P1006)

He also thinks that the EML has been deactivated and is going to pop the dash out to check.

So lots to do but price wise its not too bad, including an ATF change and an A service it comes to about £950

A service is oil and filter change. An easy job to do yourself if you want to get the costs down

Titus, I do plan to in future, they charge £150.00 and so while they have it they may as well do it this time. They are doing gearbox as well.

This should be most of the major jobs done and then I will have to tackle the non working lumbar seats and the clicking near the O/S/R wheel.

Cheers

HH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom