w209 foggy headlights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dockermel

Car
mercedes c220 Estate (205)
the headlights on my w209 are all yellow and foggy, has anyone had this problem and tried any of the products on the market.???

I had the same problem so used Meguiars headlight kit:

Photos.

Before:
hlight1_zps4c2a8520.jpg

After:
hlight2_zpsfd321854.jpg

Before:
hlight3_zps92f037f4.jpg

After:
hlight4_zpsc53aebf2.jpg

I can even seen the 'Mother of Peal' effect once again:
hlight5_zpsa9c9b1e7.jpg

I had the same problem so used Meguiars headlight kit:

Photos.

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

I can even seen the 'Mother of Peal' effect once again:

They werent really foggy to start with anyway ??!?!

The op said his lights were yellow and foggy so i doubt mequirs would do much as yours were slightly hazy. Plus you have clear lights so its not that bad at all.

I have the same clear headlights as the OP. Im sure the kit I bought would bring his back with some elbow grease.

I have the same clear headlights as the OP. Im sure the kit I bought would bring his back with some elbow grease.

Your lights were immaculate to start with tbh .. Obviously you are a perfectionist because even my pint glasses in my cupboard aint that clear as yours were on the before picture lol

foggy lights

thanks guys, perhaps mine are not so bad after all. tried the tooth paste but no luck and a clay bar but they are still the same. think I'll invest in the meguirs kit:thumb:

My car suffered with the same problem, & I bit the bullet masked around each headlight, then using 600 grt wet &dry and a little sprayed water sanded the headlight plastic followed by 1500 grt and finally t cut using a Halfrauds buffer on a cordless drill. Finally polished with Megs plastic polish.

Perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My car suffered with the same problem, & I bit the bullet masked around each headlight, then using 600 grt wet &dry and a little sprayed water sanded the headlight plastic followed by 1500 grt and finally t cut using a Halfrauds buffer on a cordless drill. Finally polished with Megs plastic polish.

Perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scares the hell out of me, taking drills and sandpaper near my car ;o)

Go for it

scares the hell out of me, taking drills and sandpaper near my car ;o)

As it did me mate, I had the advantage of having a family friend who does a similiar job on any scratches on the windows of yachts made by a well known yacht manufacturer in Plymouth. Pri-cess Y-chts :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom