W209 Gear Knob Gaiter Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2003clk240

Car
Clk240

Hi.

The leather in my manual transmission 2003 CLK240 (W209) is getting a little worn and I would like to replace it (please see attached photo). I have found the leather for sale on ebay (please see attached photos) but I don't know how to remove the current one and how to insert the new one. Does it have to be glued on? Can I do it myself or do I need to go to an auto repair shop? Unfortunately the seller of the item does not provide fitting instructions.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• CurrentLeather.jpg
    CurrentLeather.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 4
  • EbayOption.jpg
    EbayOption.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Ebay_Option.jpg
    Ebay_Option.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 3

Hi.

The leather in my manual transmission 2003 CLK240 (W209) is getting a little worn and I would like to replace it (please see attached photo). I have found the leather for sale on ebay (please see attached photos) but I don't know how to remove the current one and how to insert the new one. Does it have to be glued on? Can I do it myself or do I need to go to an auto repair shop? Unfortunately the seller of the item does not provide fitting instructions.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Its easily fitted.

It clips into the surround. The actual gear knob comes off by rotating the black sleeve under the leather at the bottom of the knob by about 1/4 turn and then simply pulling it upwards.

Its easily fitted.

It clips into the surround. The actual gear knob comes off by rotating the black sleeve under the leather at the bottom of the knob by about 1/4 turn and then simply pulling it upwards.

Hi. Thanks. I don't think I phrased my initial question in a clear way. I do know how to remove the shif knob, and you are right, it's fairly simply.

What I don't know how to do is to remove the current LEATHER FROM the gear knob. It seems to be glued to the knob (even though it just clips to the surround at the base via the plastic "ring"). Should I just rip the leather apart after removing the top plastic emblem? And will the new leather just slide into the knob or do I have to glue that too?

Hi. Thanks. I don't think I phrased my initial question in a clear way. I do know how to remove the shif knob, and you are right, it's fairly simply.

What I don't know how to do is to remove the current LEATHER FROM the gear knob. It seems to be glued to the knob (even though it just clips to the surround at the base via the plastic "ring"). Should I just rip the leather apart after removing the top plastic emblem? And will the new leather just slide into the knob or do I have to glue that too?

Ahhh. Okay, I think you are going to have to try it.

If you buy the new one and look at that it should be obvious and if it doesnt fit you can return it within seven days if its as new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom