W209 Headlamp bulb monkey business

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickythemerc

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 220 CDI Sport 2009
So today I needed to change my N/S dipped H7 bulb. Easy enough job you would think so in I go, grab the thing give it a bit of a wiggle and out it came. Fit new H7 with tab uppermost and refit...............Errr!!!!!!!! Can I get the fecker back in ? Not a chance, despite several attempts it currently has me stumped. Either I am being very stupid and missing something or the bulb gods have cursed me. I can see from looking at the other side how the bulb holder sits under the two screws, but for the life of me and our dog I cant get it back in.

What am I not seeing or doing ? I am off to the pub now for some dark Irish thinking juice.

I'd the same problem with my CLK, got it in eventually, you just need to keep trying.

So today I needed to change my N/S dipped H7 bulb. Easy enough job you would think so in I go, grab the thing give it a bit of a wiggle and out it came. Fit new H7 with tab uppermost and refit...............Errr!!!!!!!! Can I get the fecker back in ? Not a chance, despite several attempts it currently has me stumped. Either I am being very stupid and missing something or the bulb gods have cursed me. I can see from looking at the other side how the bulb holder sits under the two screws, but for the life of me and our dog I cant get it back in.

What am I not seeing or doing ? I am off to the pub now for some dark Irish thinking juice.

I know it will hurt your pride but my advice is to go to Halfords and get them to fit it, it’s too cold to be buggering about on the drive at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well after the dark Irish thinking juice and special chow mein, the solution became clear. Just backed off the two screws a couple of threads and job done, nipped them up again cover back on sorted. Looks like the arthritic hands are not as good as they used to be, my right thumb is giving me some jip.............. Wonder if the dark Irish liquid will fix it ?????

Well after the dark Irish thinking juice and special chow mein, the solution became clear. Just backed off the two screws a couple of threads and job done, nipped them up again cover back on sorted. Looks like the arthritic hands are not as good as they used to be, my right thumb is giving me some jip.............. Wonder if the dark Irish liquid will fix it ?????

Only if taken internally! I suggest a script for PRN :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom