W209 Lights On

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tec

Car
CLK320 CDi SPORT V6
On my W209 CLK should there be a warning light to show that the sidelights or headlights are switched on?
I have looked in the manual and can't see anything about it, and find it annoying that I can't tell if the lights are on or off when switched to auto.

Should I also assume that the headlights automatically switch on when it is raining and intermittent wipers are activated?

I think on mine i get a small green light in the cluster and the command screen goes dark not sure about when its raining though.

Tony.

There is a green light to indicate dipped beam, and a blue light to indicate main beam - nothing for sidelights (other than the instrument illumination coming on)
The command screen dimming is totally independent to the light sensor for the auto headlights.

Don't assume that the auto lights will function with auto wipers - they don't.

I have no green light to indicate lights on, only blue for main beam. I too find it annoying.

Dash lights only illuminate when its dark enough, not when the lights are switched on.

It should look like this, with lower speed (hopefully)
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Just checked mine again where the lights on indication should be and it's not working, so I guess there must be a bulb gone in the instrument cluster.

There is a green light to indicate dipped beam, and a blue light to indicate main beam - nothing for sidelights (other than the instrument illumination coming on)
The command screen dimming is totally independent to the light sensor for the auto headlights.

Don't assume that the auto lights will function with auto wipers - they don't.

Headlamps come on automatically after the wipers have been on for approx 40sec.

I need to order the dash rmoval tools, and have found some on ebay.

Have you tried switching the lights to on position instead of auto and seeing what the outcome is on the instrument cluster?

Might be worthwhile before you take anything apart to fix what is not broken...

!CEq4FGgEWk~$(KGrHqF,!g8E0fNF(UZsBNSn)iDwiw~~_35.JPG

I didnt have a headlight on icon on my CLK, nor do I appear to have one on my CLS either :dk:

The 203 had the dipped beam icon in the cluster but the 219 has nothing except for a green oval telltale by the main light switch. Very awkward to see...

Using a torch looking at the rev counter, I can just make out the lights on symbol where it should be.

Is this 'Lights On' indicator lit by LED or a bulb, and does anyone have a link to a replacement or a part number?

If yours is a 270 its probably pre facelift (mid 2004). If so there is no tell tale for the headlamps.

If yours is a 270 its probably pre facelift (mid 2004). If so there is no tell tale for the headlamps.

Interesting. :cool:

Yes it is a pre-facelift 2004.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom