W209 phone prewire - Bluetooth needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blue Oval

Hi all,

The CLK that I am about to get my hands on has a telephone pre-wire which is currently linked to a cradle that works with only a Sony T610.

That's no good to me as I have a newer phone, I gather that I can fit a Bluetooth cradle that allows me to use it as a proper Bluetooth system. I gather from looking on Ebay that I can either buy a genuine Merc Bluetooth adaptor or a Viseeo MBU 2000, what I would like to know is what are the pros and cons of each system?

I've always been of the opinion that OEM stuff is better, but the Ebay advert for the Viseeo seemed to suggest that it's a better bit of kit.

What would you spend your money on? :)

Is your CLK pre mY2005 facelift, or afterwards ?

You can tell by looking at the stereo, if it is the full width of the wood/metal panel its on it is post MY05, if there is wood/metal each side then it is pre MY05.

And, what phone do you have, and are you likely to stick with that manafacturer for a long time ..

Thanks
Richard

I've got a Sony at the moment and will likely stick with them for a while, I'm not sure about the car, it's a 55 reg bought from Mercedes Direct (it was the very last of the 270CDi, Glass's don't even book the 270 on a 55 plate) but as I don't get the car until next week I honestly couldn't tell you whether there is any metal at the side of the Comand unit or not. I'm getting it from a relative so there's no advert to check on the net. My gut tells me it's probably pre-facelift as I doubt they would bother to facelift the 270CDI and then discontinue it 3 months later!

I'll do some digging and report back!

OK I've just checked by looking at Autotrader and the one that I'm getting looks just like a 2006 model with Comand, I looked at a 2002 model with Comand and it looks nothing like the one that I'm getting (it has the metal down the sides). So it appears that mine is a facelift, chuffed to bits as I didn't even know they did a facelift! :D

For what it is worth, I have a 2006 CLK (facelift) and have disposed of the Motorola cradle and installed a ViseeO MB2 and am as happy as a pig in mud. I use a Nokia and I know Viseeo support most Nokia models, but you should check with them to see if your phone is supported, I know some older modle phones are not. T $A400 (GBP 230) it is not cheap, so do your homework first.
[email protected] is the email address and they are very helpful.

Ian

Ok, if you have the pre-facelift you must have a MB-2 because it has echo cancellation in it (otherwise far end gets an echo) - but as its post facelift you can choose.

The Sony's can be slightly dodgy at address book transfer over bluetooth so just be aware of that. Comand Online Ltd will let you order and if you take care return it in a few days to try a different cradle if it doesnt behave itself with your phone of course.

R

Cheers

Richard

That's great thanks, I actually have problems as it is with the address transfer in my current Parrot setup in the Mondeo so I wouldn't be surprised if they continue with the new one!

Unfortunately I won't get the new car for another two and half weeks now, I'm buying it off my dad and his new car has been delayed. Gutted as I really want it now! I'm doing my best to keep the rattle in the pram though! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom