W209 POST-facelift stereo upgrade options?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrBaconHawk

Car
2005 Mercedes Benz CLK320 Convertible
I'm new here, US based member in Hawaii, I have a 2005 Mercedes Benz CLK320 Convertible Top which has the Harmon-Kardon Audio system (subwoofer has gone out, so I might just swap out the whole audio system, or else find a good deal on a new subwoofer?)

I believe this is the version that requires a stereo that is 253mm on the top or something like that, but it's just so hard to find a good stereo system that has this size. The only one I've seen is much more expensive than the rest (around $700, versus $300 for many others) and has a really outdated UI and specs. What can I do to really give my cat a really good upgrade for this? I just want to get better functionality out of my car. Perhaps I'd settle to put in a tablet that just handles navigation/music/backup camera that isn't a replacement to the radio but mounted elsewhere or something if there is truly no other options. I wish we could 3D print an adapter to get other units to fit in but it doesn't seem to have much space in the section of the radio. What can I do?

Also, any recommendations to fix the issue of having only one cup holder in the entire car? Haha, figured I'd ask.

This is primarily a UK forum so guessing what is available in your region is anyone's guess. There are some US MB sites that might be a better source of information as to what is available your side of the world.

I'm new here, US based member in Hawaii, I have a 2005 Mercedes Benz CLK320 Convertible Top which has the Harmon-Kardon Audio system (subwoofer has gone out, so I might just swap out the whole audio system, or else find a good deal on a new subwoofer?)

I believe this is the version that requires a stereo that is 253mm on the top or something like that, but it's just so hard to find a good stereo system that has this size. The only one I've seen is much more expensive than the rest (around $700, versus $300 for many others) and has a really outdated UI and specs. What can I do to really give my cat a really good upgrade for this? I just want to get better functionality out of my car. Perhaps I'd settle to put in a tablet that just handles navigation/music/backup camera that isn't a replacement to the radio but mounted elsewhere or something if there is truly no other options. I wish we could 3D print an adapter to get other units to fit in but it doesn't seem to have much space in the section of the radio. What can I do?

Also, any recommendations to fix the issue of having only one cup holder in the entire car? Haha, figured I'd ask.
BenzWorld.org seems a good helpful site and has a dedicated section for W209. Would be good if you keep us updated on what you eventually do? Ta

Well the US Ebay site has the android 10 head units that are supposed to fit the clk,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom