W209 Radiator Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davos

Car
W209 CLK 270 CDI
Hi all,

I bought my W209 CLK270 Diesel about 3 weeks ago now and its been superb so far - quick, economical and comfortable. Im very pleased with the purchase!

I opened the bonnet today for the first time to fill up the washer bottle and noticed that the radiator is a Valeo item. The car is a 55 plate and was first registered in December 2005 - my understanding was that the dodgy radiators were stopped being installed before this date so could it be that my car either has a new type of Valeo radiator or they were using up old stock?

Also, there is an additional smaller heat exchanger installed infront of the radiator (on right hand side). Is this likely to be an external oil cooler for the gearbox (i.e. retrofitted to resolve the Valeo issue) or is it something else? The car has a full MB Service History so i didnt know if such a fix would have been done as part of this?

If i do have the dodgy Valeo radiator, i intend to get it replaced as a precaution for the Behr item but i dont want to spend the money if i dont have to so would appreciate the advice of the experts here on the above items.

Thanks in advance!

Dave

I doubt you have a dodgy valeo in there. But you never know.

I had a 2006 car in with the glycol problem a few weeks ago.

I doubt you have a dodgy valeo in there. But you never know.

I had a 2006 car in with the glycol problem a few weeks ago.

Cool thanks for that - guess its worth getting it looked at to check.

Do you know if they issued an improved Valeo radiator at all without these faults?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom