W209 radio code

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

UKChris

Car
CLK320
Hello all,

I have just taken delivery of my CLK W209 (2003 reg). It has an Audio 10 system fitted, with CD changer in the glove box. There was no radio code in with the manual, so, how do I get the code, please? I have searched the forums and it seems that the free sites do not offer codes that work with this unit, or am I mistaken?
Thanks
Chris

No code needed. They are not code protected

Really? My W208 had a radio code I thought. Are you positive that they are not protected?

Becker Audio 10 CD units dont have a code they have security built in that detects when the radio has been installed in another vehicle.

Alpine Audio 10 units do have the code.

Really? My W208 had a radio code I thought. Are you positive that they are not protected?

Neither my old audio 10 CD or the comand unit I replaced it with is code protected.

Comand dont have a code anyway till the later units like NTG2.5. Audio 10 depends on the brand.

Audio 10

Hi! I recently bought a Becker Audio 10 CD/Radio. I fitted it in my C220 W203 and it worked for about 15 seconds and then I just got the word "PROD" on the screen. I sent it off to DND Services Ltd in Devon. They reset it to "Delivery Mode". The engine management system can then recognise it.
It cost me £30 all in. So as you can see, there is no code. There are loads of people selling them on Ebay. They don't tell you that they won't work in any other car though!
Ade

Just to let everyone know that I swapped the original Audio 10 back into my W208 and that did need a code - it was 5 digits. So, some units DO need a code. But how do you tell, without disconnecting?

Just slide the unit out and look on the sticker ontop to check the make. No need to disconnect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom