W209 Visit workshop battery malfunction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

claggy001

Car
W209 CLK320 Elegance
Evening all,
I haven't posted on here for a long time as my 2004 CLK320 has been behaving perfectly. however, this evening the 'Visit Workshop' battery warning light came on briefly and logged a malfunction. It occurred while accelerating vigorously ;) and although it went out after a short time, it seemed to do the same each time I applied enthusiastic acceleration. Once home and stopped the malfunction cleared itself when I switched the car off and back on again.
Where should I look to start to solve this problem? The battery was replaced about three years ago when I first got the car. I can get the battery/ alternator tested by a mechanic friend with the appropriate kit.

Alternator possibly not charging enough under acceleration is my guess.

Fan belt slipping?
Thanks all for your helpful suggestions :) Having thought about it since this would seem a good place to start. Will also still check the alternator and battery are both ok.
Don't get these problems with my old Triumphs...

Reactions: Ted
56DA8F27-8BB4-4994-A998-9A69EFCA1F51.jpeg Ah - the Dolly. I used to love them.
17acr alternator was a pretty simple setup :)
My old Stag...

Ah.. the Triumph Stag! Been there, done that! Lovely car, almost a Coventry built Mercedes SL. Don't spend as much time watching the temperature gauge with the Dollies though :D

Reactions: Ted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom