W209/W203 Bilstein B12 Kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

esprit200

Car
2002 CLK500
Hello,

I have for sale a Bilstein B12 suspension kit, removed from my 2003 CLK270 CDI.

A rather silly individual decided to slather the shock absorbers in some kind of black underseal or enamel. They have been stripped, zinc primed, and repainted. The paint is fairly rough but will do the job of resisting the harsh environment under the car. The rear springs have a little surface rust.

IMG_1772_zps84db5c51.jpg

£715 when new.

£350 ONO
Collection from Chelmsford
Delivery £10

Regards,

Jon.

I'm guessing these won't fit a CLK 55 cab?

I've changed arms front and rear etc and they are all generic, but I imagine the springs are a different rate?

Still thought it would be worth asking in case you have the details / part no of the set and can cross reference with models it is suited to.

If it fits of course I could be interested.

Oh, what mileage was on them and why have you taken them off out of interest?

Looking at this: Mercedes C (W203), Bilstein-Shop.com I don't believe they'll be right for your W209 CLK55.

I think you're right that the springs may be rated differently. It's a shame as it's a great kit. I had the same setup on my W203 C320 :)

Ahh it comes out at BSN17555 for the CDI 270 and I can't even see a B12 kit for the 55, even the 500 shows different BSN18259.

I am guessing that we are right, both the springs and shocks will have preset rebound and rates for each vehicle that aren't suitable.

Oh well I was looking at a new suspension setup or coilovers anyway, just spotted this and was worth an ask :)

Last edited:
Steve, to answer your questions, they ARE suitable for your CLK55 AMG.

Bilstein list the same kit for all CLK models with engine sizes 2.0 up to 5.5.

The part number is 46-181817.

They were removed due to breaking the car sadly. I estimate 20k miles use.

Regards,

Jon.

C32 AMG - I have successfully fitted a full set of shock absorbers, springs, anti roll bars, and drop links from a W203 to a W209. The part numbers are also interchangeable. Based on this I would say that they must fit, however I can't guarantee my advice, so you would have to satisfy yourself that my information is correct.

Nic - I will send a message.

Now sold thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom