W209fitti new hed unit but cant find the switched live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CRA166 T

Car
CLK
i recently bought a kenwood double din tv have fitted everything necerssary when i actually got down to connecting the head unit it wouldnt switch on.

we tested the cables and found there to be no switched live within my cars wiring loom

has anyone else ever faced this problem ? any advice ?

Thats because the OE is powered by the Can system, take a feed from the ciggy lighter or fuse box and power it up. (in-line fuse would be a good idea!)

Bob

The OE? can system ? lol what sorry fairly new to mercs fella. so is there no permanent live there then

OE- original equipment
Can system is what is fitted in alot of modern cars, they are 2 wires (Can Hi and Can Lo that can control upto 32 different functions on the car by sending different signals, one being an ignition or switched feed as it isn`t 12 volts.
You need to find a full 12v ignition feed and run a wire from this to the back of your head unit. No disrespect but if you don`t know how then get an Auto electrician to do it for you.

Bob

oh right ok. i do have some experience with in car entertainment but its never been in anything so annoying. thank you for you time mate much appreciated

No probs, thats why we are here!! Everyone knows a little bit so between us we can solve most problems!!

Bob

The OE? can system ? lol what sorry fairly new to mercs fella. so is there no permanent live there then

Not sure if a clarification is needed but when bigbob explains that you need to find a switched power source, that also means that there already is a permanent live wire to the OEM head unit that you can use for the new one.

Did you resolve this?

Need to do the same on my w211

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom