w210 1996 e280 av auto cluster defect

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

[email protected]

Car
W124 260e auto + W210 e280 Av auto
Weeks after taking delivery of my w210 1996 e280 av auto two problems popped up. Firstly, the steering wheel height adjustment stopped working on the seat memory/manual switches. (Reach in / out works fine)

Then the instro cluster started to read "display defective" on startup and switch off. (I noticed that the clock display gradually f-a-d-e-s as well.) I did some searching to an official Merc tech site and found this to be a regular problem on 210s from 1996.

Any help in sorting out these two would be gratefully received.

Gavin

Also proud owner of w124 260e!

Weeks after taking delivery of my w210 1996 e280 av auto two problems popped up. Firstly, the steering wheel height adjustment stopped working on the seat memory/manual switches. (Reach in / out works fine)

Then the instro cluster started to read "display defective" on startup and switch off. (I noticed that the clock display gradually f-a-d-e-s as well.) I did some searching to an official Merc tech site and found this to be a regular problem on 210s from 1996.

Any help in sorting out these two would be gratefully received.

Gavin

Also proud owner of w124 260e!

If it is anything like the W220 cluster then I would replace several of the power transistors on the circuit board. I understand that they cost very little (less than 5 pounds) in parts. If not then contact www.mbenznl.com for parts of this type at a good price.

w210 display cluster defect message

Thanks Miro, that's little beyon my ability! Maybe there's someting else I can do to track down the probs. The graphic dislayed with "display defective" is of a radiator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom