W210 (2000 yom ) E320 CDI Steering Wheel Controls

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

voguev8

Car
W163 ML 270 CDI & W209 CLK 350, Sprinter 311CDI
Sorting my new purchase E320 CDI and my next job is trying to get the steering wheel controls to do something ie work the radio/trip computer etc, at the moment they do nothing. The radio works fine and the dash display is clear but the steering wheelbuttons do nothing.
I was thinking of getting a second hand steering wheel from a breakers/ebay but after speaking to a local garage they said the connection pad is on the steering column itself so a change of wheel will not help.

Any thoughts on this issue, do the wheel buttons give trouble or do I need something else.

Thanks

Don't know but I have the whole column and wheel available s/h, working and in grey.

Is the radio the standard fit...or after market?

If the latter...they will not work without purchase of an expensive bit of wiring loom.

Edit...but since the buttons do not work for anything, it's unlikely to be the radio.

Last edited:
Did the car originally come with steering buttons? as i think that was a facelift option

Hi
Radio is original, and works fine from own controls. Steering wheel is original ( Colour Blue )

Car is a facelift (YR2000) so should be standard fit. Can you go through the other menus?

steering wheel controls

Hi
No nothing works, I cannot even adjust clock time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom