W210/208 Facelift mileage display lcd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
Over the weekend I successfully carried out a repair to my failing cluster pixel displays for the temp, clock and gear selection. They are now perfect.

During the process something has happened to the very top of the mileage display lcd where the trip meter is. This section is now blank right accross the top of the screen.

I've checked the lcd panel carefully and there are no cracks etc.

I can only assume there is a break in one of the wires in the ribbon cable or a crack so small it's not visible.

Anyway, does anyone have an old cluster lying around, working or not where the centre lcd panel is ok? Or does anyone know where you can buy a replacement lcd panel for this part of the cluster?

Thanks.

Over the weekend I successfully carried out a repair to my failing cluster pixel displays for the temp, clock and gear selection. They are now perfect.

During the process something has happened to the very top of the mileage display lcd where the trip meter is. This section is now blank right accross the top of the screen.

I've checked the lcd panel carefully and there are no cracks etc.

I can only assume there is a break in one of the wires in the ribbon cable or a crack so small it's not visible.

Anyway, does anyone have an old cluster lying around, working or not where the centre lcd panel is ok? Or does anyone know where you can buy a replacement lcd panel for this part of the cluster?

Thanks.

I have used these guys in Colchester; they are awesome! It's actually a big Dutch company with branches around; and this is the colchester branch...

They can fix anything car- electronic related...

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

Thanks for the reply, i just need the lcd panel, I can fix it myself if I can get the part :)

Give them a call; they replaced my LCD after it had cracked... perhaps they'll sell u one?...

I don't know of they do mate; but I know they replace them... so do stock the spares... and I know times are hard... so I'm hoping they might be open for a deal! lol

Hope you get sorted anyways...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom