W210 300TD Avantgarde Lower Ball Joint

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ssc

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read.

I'm replacing the complete left side of my car's suspension as some nutter did a hit an run collapsing bending the left strut and hub arm the one that bolts to the upper arm’s ball joint. :mad:

Anyway I got the complete left side from Dronsfields however after stripping the entire left side off my car, I found the bit from Dronsfields where the lower ball joint fits on the hub there is a stud (pin) in it whereas on my original one the stud (pin like thing) is on the ball joint and the hub had a tiny little hole to accommodate it.

So my question is could it be that the pin has come off the joint and is stuck in the hole or is the hub from an older version? Any ideas before I try and start wacking or drilling the pin out? Help! :confused:

The pin has come out of the ball-joint on removal.

Thanks Dieselman, I'll try taking it out now that I know its not meant to be there....

Don't know if anyone can recommend better.....
I'll be replacing the front shocks thinking of fitting Bilstein B4 (Sport), plus the brake discs look like they could do with a replace... Textar from ECP both discs and pads

Removed the rollbar had grinded the rust off and painted it waiting for it to dry will then fit the bushes and links... when the car is stripped you always end up finding more to do or fix... might as well since everthing is off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom