W210 320 cdi. Black smoke. Limp mode.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

renault12ts

MB Club Veteran
Car
2005 W215 CL500.
The alternator and water pump have been replaced. Last week, the alternator pulley fell off, but the bearings were also shot. And the water pump was leaking. So, one brand new (used) alternator and water pump etc...£409 fitted and the car is back on the road.

BUT...the car is spewing out large amounts of black smoke and is in limp mode. This is nothing to do with the alternator etc, just bad luck. The garage tested the injectors and they are fine. The MAF is only 18 months old, and they have discounted that.

All suggestions gratefully received.

Buy a 300TD, they don't give all this hassle.

Check the usual suspects, EGR valve jammed open, turbo vanes jammed, boosted air pipe blown off, leaking inter-cooler, blocked Cat.

Buy a 300TD, they don't give all this hassle.

Check the usual suspects, EGR valve jammed open, turbo vanes jammed, boosted air pipe blown off, leaking inter-cooler, blocked Cat.

I will. Now,how do I do all that?:eek:

Visual check for the blown off pipe and inter-cooler, try sucking on the EGR vacuum pipe as a test of the function of that, disconnect the exhaust to check the Cat.

So checked the IC pipes...all intact.

Had the vacuum pipe to EGR disconnected...not sure what I should be experiencing when sucking ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom