W210 320 cdi v belt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cobogol

Car
W209 320 CDI; S210 320 CDI
Hello, I want to change the v belt of the motor and I don´t know exctly how to do it, cause there is a very little space to work on it.
Any advice?
Thanks in advanced

The radiator´s fan is too close to the belt. Do you know if I can disambly it?
Thanks

Excuse me,
but i don´t know how,
Have you any pic or something like this to ilustrate this?

Remove the viscous fan (32mm spanner?) then the fan shroud. The fan shroud just pulls upwards.

The viscous fan is always very tight. Without the right tools you WILL struggle.

The belt can be done with all this in place. Its tight but do able.

To take the belt off you use a spanner on the tensioner to slacken it off.

Hello, the problem is taht I need to do my self the tool to dissamble the viscous fan. How to do the tailstock for the polley fan viscous??
Thanks

It's hard to crack the Allen key in the centre of the viscous. If you get a quarter drive ratchet with a stubby 5mil hex, you can undo the fan blade. The hub will stay in place but you will have enough room

Hello, in this model you can´t do that

I've done both the Sprinter and the 320CDI several times for various reasons, but as Olly says, things are tight.

I used a thin ratchet and made a handle for it as shown below. One with a metal broom handle and the other with a steel rule. You need the handle for reach and leverage.

15thJuly2012035.jpg

The radiator shroud is held on by clips only and once the shroud is removed you'll see this (well, you won't see that good a view, that is with my phone camera slipped into the void which is tight).

Photo536.jpg

You'll notice that previously I marked the bolt positions on the fan to make it easy to locate them next time.

Photo550.jpg

Here's the belt tensioner.

Photo204.jpg

From underneath is the easiest way to access it.

Photo209-1.jpg

Make a drawing of the belt configuration before you take it off. It's easy to forget how it runs if you don't see them often.
If you are struggling to get the belt on, you have made an error. They go on quite easily.

I need to block the water pump polley!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom