W210 320 V6 Petrol will not rev above 3000 ish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stuboy

Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate W210 Petrol
Hi Chaps
Looks like i'm in limp home "ish" mode?
Symptoms are:- wont rev above 3000 just like a limiter, car works fine below 3000revs and I'm still getting about 11km/litre on a run so i am guessing my MAF is ok? I have another one i can swap in.
Where is the air temp sensor? could be that?
Just had the spark plugs out, what **** designed where they are situated and the stupid plug caps that won't come off without you either breaking your fingers or breaking the leads!!!!! :wallbash: Anyhow they have bosch F8DPER platinum plugs, ohhh classy and they have a 1.1mm gap which i believe to be correct? Am sticking them in my Ultrasonic as i have em out, they look lovely and cheast nutty just like they should :D.
Any ideas most welcome
Cheers
Stuart

The reason I asked that is someone said there was a sensor after the MAF!!! I wondered if there was some other sensor on there i didn't know about, I think perhpas they ment air box and were refering to the MAF??
Will try that you suggest and get back to you :)
Stuart

Hi Chaps
Looks like i'm in limp home "ish" mode?
Symptoms are:- wont rev above 3000 just like a limiter, car works fine below 3000revs and I'm still getting about 11km/litre on a run so i am guessing my MAF is ok? I have another one i can swap in.
Where is the air temp sensor? could be that?
Just had the spark plugs out, what **** designed where they are situated and the stupid plug caps that won't come off without you either breaking your fingers or breaking the leads!!!!! :wallbash: Anyhow they have bosch F8DPER platinum plugs, ohhh classy and they have a 1.1mm gap which i believe to be correct? Am sticking them in my Ultrasonic as i have em out, they look lovely and cheast nutty just like they should :D.
Any ideas most welcome
Cheers
Stuart

You need the car on Star Reader to determine the fault, it could be anything not just the MAF, so don't keep guessing.:dk:

Yep i think your right, those nice chaps at Kams do a reading reset for a very good price, I'll try and get it up there tomorrow. Other MAF same symptoms.
It revs to 4200 and then starts missing and popping with maf on or off!
Cheers
Stuart

Wont rev very high out of gear rev limiter cuts in.
Missing could be wrong fuel mixture ie lambda sensor fault, quick session with a reader will see this.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom