W210 320CDI estate with comand and phone, update stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tiago Amarante

Hello all.
As the title says i have a 2002 320CDI estate with comand, phone and cd changer in boot but, I want to replace the comand with a double din chinese navigation radio that i have.

Don't get me wrong the comand is great but, the navi section is very outdated and the chinese one is very customizable with different software and speed cameras and, i also gain support for bluetooth without having to buy a adapter for the current phone support.

I've been reading the forums and there are some stuff where i have doubts.

If the car has a digital bose system it will be very difficult to wire up a different stereo, how can i tell if it has? the model year is enought to know or is it something i have to look for.
If i do have one what is needed, get new wires directly from the radio to speakers?

I know there is no chance to have the cluster show the same information from the radio as it does now from the comand, should i take the car to dealer to have the Comand taken out with STAR? Or is it OK to leave it as is.

Best Regards
Tiago Amarante

If it has Bose, there will be Bose written all over the car...well not quite, but it will be obvious.

Ohh i see, like in the speaker grills.
No BOSE anywhere that i have seen.

So this means it will be a simple matter of disconnecting COMAND and installing the new radio?

It might be. But you will lose the steering wheel controls.

Yes thats another thing.

I only loose the part that controls the radio right? Not the trip computer fuel consuption etc etc right?

I read somewhere that there are canbus adapters but i still have to check wich system my radio uses for steering controls (sony, alpine etc.).

Just the radio. Though search the web, I think you can buy an adapter to make them function.

Any update on this?

I have same car with Bose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom