w210 320cdi plastic fuel lines replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

joolz250

Car
2002 e 320 cdi
Hi all,*I’m new to this forum.

I recently purchased a 2002 E320 cdi estate with 142,000 miles. I have 3 young kids and needed a 7 seater and would sooner have shaved off an eyebrow than drive an MPV!*Given the age and mileage I was not surprised when it developed* diesel leak. I traced this to the plastic pipes running into the fuel pump of the front of the engine.*I ordered the parts from MB Chelsea (very helpful parts team I have to say) and I’d say I’m about 70% through the job having spent about 5 hours on it so far. Its been a bit of learning curve for me (most of my previous mechanical experience has been on VWs (aircooled and watercooled). I have had to remove quite a number of components to get access to the pipes (engine cover, air intake, fan,fan shroud, fan, various plugs, various metal fuel pipe from and to fuel rail etc).*Anyway – my question is, despite taking notes and photos throughout for reference – I’m doubting my sanity about one of the lines and where it connects to the fuel pump. Its the long line that runs from the back of the common rail near the bulk head all the way to the left side of the pump (left when you stand in front of the car and look at engine) there are 2 ports in the side of the pump and I noted down that this pipe plugs into the port nearest the radiator. However when I look at a parts diagram it seems to show it going to the other port – hence I hoped something here could sense check this for me?**

Last edited:
Looking at the picture, it seems like they are both different types so should only fit in one hole, furthest away from you. I am happy to be corrected though as I haven't changed one myself

Fuelpipe1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom