W210 '98 Steering Wheel Airbag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lucky178tb

Car
E240-1998
G'day,
I have a very common question however i have been unable to find the exact answer. The question is if removing the steering wheel what are the steps involved ? Is it to disconnect the battery first for 15mins, then remove screws, then unplug the airbag or is there is a different sequence to this ? Also when taking the airbag off is it the yellow plug to disconnect or the grey one ??
Will appreciate an accurate answer.
Cheers in advance !!
Lucky

Hi there Lucky and welcome,i`m sure you`ll get your answer soon.
G'day, It reminds me Mick Dundee lol

G'day,
I have a very common question however i have been unable to find the exact answer. The question is if removing the steering wheel what are the steps involved ? Is it to disconnect the battery first for 15mins, then remove screws, then unplug the airbag or is there is a different sequence to this ? Also when taking the airbag off is it the yellow plug to disconnect or the grey one ??
Will appreciate an accurate answer.
Cheers in advance !!
Lucky

Done this on my 211. Told to wait 30mins after disconncting battery. (to allow capacitor to discharge I'm told) Both plugs to come off. Make sure both are fully home on replacement otherwise you need Star to disable SRS warning message.:doh:

G'day all,
Yeah thats just abt right...mick dundee....lolz !! Good on ya for the warm welcome fellas and all the feedback. Im still waiting on my steering wheel to arrive but I thought if I could get the heads up I wouldnt stuff things up later !!
Will be in touch.
Cheers
Lucky

Yep at least 30 mins as said for capacitor to discharge, had afew wheels of landrovers using this method and no probs.

Lynall

Yep at least 30 mins as said for capacitor to discharge, had afew wheels of landrovers using this method and no probs.

Lynall

No need to wait for flux capacitor to discharge, you can just crack on and disconnect it, lots of urban myths seem to be around the removal of airbags...

G'day all,
Finally got my steering wheel from the US nd fitted it 2day....looks beautiful might I add !! Went as per instructions nd there were no dramas at all except for one thing. Whilst the battery was disconnected I opened the boot lid manually with the key which was all very well but when I re-connected the battery and lowered the windows....I noticed the one-touch switch's for the windows wouldnt work !!! I opened the boot lid from inside the vehicle nd the one touch switch's WORKED so I closed the boot lid nd locked and unlocked the boot manually but this time the one touch switch's didnt work. The windows now work on the hold down position...I DONT KNOW WHAT I HAVE DONE !!!! Any help...lolz

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom