w210 a/c re gas

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

farmerpete

Car
1989 w124 300d, 2003 ml270, 1979 w123 300td, w210 E300 Turbodiesel ( 2 of ...yes its a sickness )
Hi from Australia
I've just purchased a 1998 w210 e300 turbo diesel that was imported from the UK in 2007. I can't find much diy on this cars a/c
It has the manual wheels for temp adjustment in the console.
Its not blowing cold air but the compressor engages
The clutch on the compressor turns freely.
Just a re gas after looking for a slow leak?
Cheers Peter

...get a regass and see what happens, might be fine.

I am always wary when buying a car that says 'air con just needs a re gas' but, the last few cars I have bought, needed just that. I can't understand, for the small cost involved, why people don't get it sorted and advertise with working air con.
The only one that didn't work was a Ford Focus that I bought lasy year. This was fixed with a £15 compressor from a breakers which now gives the coldest air con in all my cars.

Cheers for the replies
I was concerned about any sensors I could check beforehand.
Youtube shows only the HVAV ? climate control system with the digital screen that has self diagnosis capabilities
Peter

If it is indeed a 210 you have, let us hope not... LINK.

So an Update;
The cool mechanic said its not pumping
Should that mean the little pistons are buggered ?
He didn't mention a leak from the pump itself i.e. shaft seals etc
Looking at genuine denso compressor from USA for $399 US
over $1000 aus here

Wait what? Is the compressor engaging? If not then it won't pump. More details please.

Compressor is engaging but not pumping
I "assume" the cool mechanic checked for leaks,then gassed it up to find out that compressor wash,t doing its job?

Last edited:
$1388 ausies all up . Looks like the radiator needs to come out to get at the compressor

Have you checked the pressures on the compressor? If the clutch is engaging, then you should see pressures change. Please read the high and low side and get back to us.

Thanks.

In aus only licenced cool mechanics can do a/c repairs.I'll have to check with the old bloke who tested the system
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom