W210 air con problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

colin.dillon

Car
E320CDI Sport Estate
Hi everyone

Can anyone shed any light on my air con problem? '98 E300 TD not been used for 12 months - well every couple of months it's been jump started & driven round work's car park!

Decided to start using it again, put new battery in, started 1st time, gave it a wash & it's as it was when it was 1st stored apart from no air con.

The air con compressor/pump doesn't engage & the fans don't come on. Took it to Kwik Fit who couldn't find one of two pipes they usually use but it didn't really matter as it could be done thru one pipe?? Anyway the guy says there's no leaks but he couldn't get any oil or refrigerant into the system.

Before I take it elsewhere there's nothing stupid I should be looking at is there? - was thinking along the line of a fuse that could have blown.

All replies gratefully received!!

Col

Other connector is under the top left hand corner of the dummy grill, under a black plastic cover.
Its just like a large tyre valve, give it a little poke with a screwdriver as if letting a tyre down, no pssst equals no gas.

Lynall

Other connector is under the top left hand corner of the dummy grill, under a black plastic cover.
Its just like a large tyre valve, give it a little poke with a screwdriver as if letting a tyre down, no pssst equals no gas.

Lynall

Hi Lynall

Thanks for reply - is the grill the one at the front of car in front of radiator or the one at base of screen?

Thanks again

Col

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom