W210 Ambient Lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy27168

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
65 Plate E350 CDI Convertible, 2006 CLS 55 AMG, 1997 C230K, 1999 C43/55 AMG
Hi,
Having recently replaced my auto-dimming rear view mirror for a auto-dim item with ambient lighting it got me thinking about possibly retro fitting the rest of package.
But I,m not sure where the rest of the ambient lighting was on a 210, I,m sure i have read that the door exit handles have illumination as part of this package, but where else? are the light fittings/units available separetly?

Hi Andy,

The lighting is on the mirror, door pulls, both front footwells (under dash) and at the rear seats at the bottom of the base. You could find a scrapped facelift w210 and remove them all with the cables.

The hardest would be to sort the door pulls I think. Trust this helps.

Hi Andy,

The lighting is on the mirror, door pulls, both front footwells (under dash) and at the rear seats at the bottom of the base. You could find a scrapped facelift w210 and remove them all with the cables.

The hardest would be to sort the door pulls I think. Trust this helps.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.
When you say the door pulls, do you mean the handles that open the door when its shut? or the handles you use to shut the doors?
Regarding the footwell lighting does this not come on with the interior lighting rather than the ambient lighting? The rear footwell lighting, has surprised me as I thought they were in the back at the bottom of the front seats.
I will be doing an interior light upgrade and had intended to do the footwell lighting and rear puddle lights, I will probably buy the light fittings new from MB as they should be cheap, as my front puddle lights were only about £2 ea.

Hi Andy, my dad has a late 210 estate at the yard in southampton for breaking if you want to come and have a look?

Hi Andy, my dad has a late 210 estate at the yard in southampton for breaking if you want to come and have a look?

Thanks for the offer.
PM sent.

Hi Andy, sorry for not being clear enough. Yes the lights on the doors are on the door handles (to open the door) and indeed the rear footwell lights are fitted at the bottom/back of the front seats.

Anyone have any pictures of the door handle ones? I have installed the footwell and RVM ones but need to install the door pull ones.

I'll get some next time I get the door card off.

There is a little slot cut into the plastic with a very faint diode clipping in behind.

I was also thinking of this mod

Fingers crossed I should be looking at V12's Dads one he is breaking tomorrow I will get plenty of pics.
Though regarding the footwell lighting is this ambient lighting or simply an extension of the interior lighting.

Ive got foot well lights which i wired to come on with headlights

Well I went to see the facelift 210 this morning, (thanks again V12).
I took some pics of the light fittings and the door handles,
Apologies for the poor pic, I had to take the pic quite close, or you just could,nt see it, it was also using my HTC phone.
Rear footwell light fitting.
IMAG0161.jpg

Front footwell light.
IMAG0160.jpg

Front footwell light showing its some sort of LED, rather than a incandescant lamp.
IMAG0159.jpg

Door Handle has a LED strip along the top edge of the aperture.
IMAG0164.jpg

Door Handle has a LED strip along the top edge of the aperture.
IMAG0164.jpg

Door handle is not an led strip. It's a slot in the plastic with a light diode behind it. The plastic trim should come out with the door card in place and will probably let you see the innards behind.

Thanks for the photos!

Any chance of some part numbers please? I will get them ordered.

I have been contemplating this mod for a long while. I have all the part numbers needed in order to complete this mod. Will post them up shortly.

I have a spare set of plastic covers for the door handles from a w210 with ambilight. If anyone is interested please feel free to pm me.

I didn't even realise there was lighting to my door handles until this thread - it is very subtle

Now to find that thread about 'things you never knew' on your MB...

Hi,
Some Pt. No's
Front Footwell Light Fitting - A2208201101
Rear Footwell Light Fitting - A2108203801
Footwell Wiring Harness - A2104407105

Gurpz have you got the Pt. No.'s for the LED's in the door handle?

Hi,
Some Pt. No's
Front Footwell Light Fitting - A2208201101
Rear Footwell Light Fitting - A2108203801
Footwell Wiring Harness - A2104407105

Gurpz have you got the Pt. No.'s for the LED's in the door handle?

Those part numbers are correct and the wiring harness is the front footwell wiring harness. The rear footwell wiring harness that goes to the lights in back of the front seats is A2105403633. Im looking for the door handle led part number it comes as a short harness with pins that plug into the door control module just like if you are retrofitting door puddle lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom