W210 AMG Monoblock Wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StephenSJason

Car
C63 Supercharged
So, the time has almost come to take my Dad's old W210 E320 Avantgarde away from him, as I've found a lovely looking W211 E55 that I want to surprise him with. It's just about a million miles away so I need to travel there this weekend to check it out.

All being well and I bring it home, I'll be stripping the E320 as it has been victim of some bad body rust. The frame/chassis is solid but it needs new front arches, rear arches shaving at the least, bonnet and boot lid. The car is a pre-FL but is nicely spec'd, with the rare rear heated seat option also.

The only thing I can see that are immediately worth any money are the genuine AMG Monoblock wheels. These are not staggered as they are the Avantgarde optional extra but, they are wide enough and take comfortably a 235 tyre, 8" I think. They are a little scuffed on the out lips but otherwise good, solid and are only a basic refurb away from being A1.

What is the market value of these wheels? I can only assume some twunt will want to buy them for his VW Golf but, money is money.

Last edited:
I've seen them on ebay for anywhere between 200 to 550 pounds. They do seem to list for long periods though so, I suppose, it's just hoping for a buyer when you are ready to sell.

It's also worth considering that they're more desirable to people who are local to you (unless you're willing to package them for a courier). - The further someone has to drive, the less they're willing to pay; it's worth it for a bargain though.

I paid £550 for a fully refurbed set with machined lips a few months ago.

There are also so many good looking replicas at very reasonable prices around. When I bought mine, I wanted genuine and paid a fairly high price for a set needing a re furb. The w210 is quite old now and many are not going to pay the high amount for a genuine set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom