w210 arch rolling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmymidnight

Car
W221 S350L
so, it was going to happen, running my 20x9 front wheels with an offset of (i think) 23 has meant the side walls are taking a bit of a battering on bumpy roads, anyone got any tips on rolling the arches to stop them cutting into my nice new tyres?

Once they are rolled, wouldnt you need them respraying as the paint will crease/crack?

Good luck ...

the wings are pretty shot anyway to be honest, they are going into be reprayed and all that soon, so i might just roll them myself this weekend. i have a heat gun and all the other bits and bobs...

No, they'd use a heat gun to warm up the paint to avoid the paint being damaged.

Only if his name is David Blaine !

Sure as eggs are eggs (even easter ones) the paint on the arch will fail eventually.

Last edited:
Right, woke up nice and early to get to work on the arches, got them heated and rolled. it was a surprisingly easy and quick job, for a first timer i don't think and hour and a half is too bad. The wheels no longer rub apart from on big dips, and even then it's now just rubbing and not tearing into the tyres.

The only downer was when i initially put my head in the arch and had a look at the condition they are in... shocking is one of the words that came to mind. There was ALOT of rust, meaning alot of paint peeling off from inside the arch... I've done the best i could with it, and sprayed a layer of lacquer inside to create a kind of seal, but my plan is to really get them all repaired and then i may be looking for a W211 E500 or something similar that i can A) bolt my wheels straight on to, and B) drive with out the worry of the side disintegrating into a pile of orange rust.

Sand that rust down and put on some rust proof primer. The lacquer will flake off when it continues to oxidise. I need to do mine too as my passanger rear is looking bad and it is a white car so I can spot it a mile away!

Hmmm... Ok. Learn something new everyday. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom