W210 boot lid not sitting flush? Help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leonc32

Car
C32 AMG
It's been bugging me for a while now my w210 e55 boot lid doesn't not seem to sit flush seem to sit abit high, is there anyway of adjusting it? Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.6 KB · Views: 51
did car be in a rear end accident?
you can adjust the trunk bolts if you remove the plastic hinge covers if they are fitted on w210

did car be in a rear end accident?
you can adjust the trunk bolts if you remove the plastic hinge covers

No it's never been in a rear end accident, I have removed the rear bumper and had the car on the ramps and its 100% straight. I'll have a go at adjusting the trunk bolts, thanks :thumb:

That looks normal,compare it to another early one and you'll see they are all like it.

The boot lid appears to be twisted, there would be no adjustment as such for addressing this issue, if it were mine I would simply twist the boot lid straight. Possibly putting something in the open boot shut on one side and bringing the boot lid down on top of it and pushing the unsupported high side of the boot lid down quite forcefully do this in stages until the boot lid is level/straight.

The boot lid appears to be twisted, there would be no adjustment as such for addressing this issue, if it were mine I would simply twist the boot lid straight. Possibly putting something in the open boot shut on one side and bringing the boot lid down on top of it and pushing the unsupported high side of the boot lid down quite forcefully do this in stages until the boot lid is level/straight.

Can you explain in a bit more detail, ie put what in the boot and and how do you mean shut on one side? I'm confused

The striker plate is adjustable, but it looks like the boot lid has been closed down on something on the n/s causing that side to sit high on the hinge arm.
Open the lid fully, grasp the arm and push the boot further open.

I forgot to say, the rubber wedges at the side of the opening are adjustable.

Last edited:
The striker plate is adjustable, but it looks like the boot lid has been closed down on something on the n/s causing that side to sit high on the hinge arm.
Open the lid fully, grasp the arm and push the boot further open.

I forgot to say, the rubber wedges at the side of the opening are adjustable.

When you say grasp the arm and push the boot further open I take it you mean push it toward the rear window? Also how do you adjust the wedges and where are they located? Thanks for the help

I do mean push the boot lid further open.
The wedges are mounted inboard of the lights. They are screwed through from behind.

I have noticed a few w210 with the boot lid not sitting flush am I correct in assuming this is a common problem/fault?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom