W210 boot lock microswitch

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

solarmer1

Car
MB 2001 E320cdi, 2010 W212 E350
Hi.
Anyone know where I can obtain the microswitch for the boot lock on a 2001 W210 E320 CDI Saloon?

Just replaced the boot lid and all was working including remote lock/unlock. Closed bootlid just before lunch and couldn't reopen it using remote later on.

Vacuum not operating to the lock, although it has since I replaced the bootlid. Swapped the pipes into the pump and it operates at the lock hence I'm thinking there is a signal missing somewhere!

Turns out the microswitch fitted to the boot lock is intermittent. It appears the microswitch closes when the lock button is pressed in and signals to the vacuum pump to operate?

So, where to obtain the microswitch? It appears that the boot lock does not come with it ready fitted.

Many thanks.
Regards
solarmer
:thumb:

A Mercedes-Benz dealership?

Hi. Yes. Believe it or not I had already thought of that route however fortunately I have a deep distrust of MB dealers; rather like politicians really.

I work on the basis that whenever a politician or a Mercedes dealer opens his mouth then I assume he/she is telling lies until they prove otherwise.

Really, and you never know with this forum, there just may be someone out there with a spare who would be happy to move it on for a few pounds hence my request. I was also testing out my understanding of the remote locking mechanism.

So, yes dealers do keep MB parts. That much we all know however other real people have also been known to keep them.

solarmer

Do you not have the seperate pin switch to the left of the boot lock, that also works the boot light?

If yes, check it - that could be the problem

Do you not have the seperate pin switch to the left of the boot lock, that also works the boot light?

Alex.

Thank you. i'll check it tomorrow. Interesting as I had left one leg of the light switch off in order to keep the boot light off whilst I was working!

I'll see how I get on and update tomorrow.
Regards
Solarmer
:thumb:

Hi.
Checked it out and reconnected the loose leg. Also cleaned the microswitch contact points. I initially thought this switched internally however it appears to be not so. Once I cleaned it my multimeter gave 100% readings each time.

So, all is now working. Thank you for your assistance.

Regards
Solarmer:thumb:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom