W210 bulbs, correct versions and update advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

evozero

Car
w210 320cdi estate
Hi All,
After the great advice received here recently, I'm after some more!:rock:

My 2001 W210 has xenon headlights, nice bright white. The sidelights are yellow, dull and ugly!

I'm confused about the various options, need some recommendations for sidelights and number plate bulbs that will match the headlights and not cause error messages?

What about day time running lights to freshen up / update the appearance or just use the front fog lights?

Cheers
Ian

I still have some H6W (new) error free sidelights for your W210 available if your interested? completely white.

karl_edwardsAThotmail.com

I no longer stock the plate LEDs or otherlights however.

You need a 434 or H6W bulb. There are plenty of LED ones out there, not too expensive but bit of a gamble as to whether they give errors or not.

h6w led | eBay

EDIT: Karl sold many sets of these and they are very good

I still have some H6W (new) error free sidelights for your W210 available if your interested? completely white.

karl_edwardsAThotmail.com

I no longer stock the plate LEDs or otherlights however.

Hi Karl,
Sent you an email.
Thanks
Ian

Replied :thumb:

:bannana:
New bulbs fitted and look great!
Only took 10 minutes once I figured out you can slide the extra water bottle up and out the way on the drivers side......:wallbash:
Still, 15 mins total.

I was thinking about fitting daytime running lights etc, wont bother now. A big improvement on the dim candle lights of old.

Thanks all for your assistance.
Ian

I got some off ebay, they say "error free", but if you turn the lights on while the dash lights are still on (ie the warning lights that come on when you initially turn the ignition key) then it has a bulb warning.

If you let the dash lights go out, no warning!

I paid about £13 for a pair from ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom