W210 CDI Injector replacement and parts required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Halley70

Car
W210 E320cdi Estate Avantgarde
Hi everyone,

I have a 2001 W210 E320CDI Avantgarde and need some advice.

I was driving back home today when I heard this weird noise coming from the engine and lack of power, I got home and investigated.

I have taken off the top plastics and found that the front Injector was leaking combustion gases and there was deposits around the Injector so I have cleaned around the injector etc and removed the Injector.

The O ring seal that sits on the Injector 2/3rd way down had gone must have broken up and decinerated, the squash copper washer (seal) was also flat after removing it.

Now I need to know where I can get the copper washer (seal) and I also need to get a new o ring seal. I also need to know do I put the new O ring seal onto the Injector before install and do I need to grease it etc to stop catching as I install, can you tell me in idiots guide the sequence I need to follow to install.

Many thanks
Halley:confused:

You need to re-cut the seat for the perfect seal.

I have replaced several injector 'seals' on mine and there is no O ring seal, only the copper washer.

These along with the stretch bolt that retains the injector clamp plate are normally off the shelf at an M.B dealer parts department and not expensive.

I have not needed to recut any seat faces - If you carefully clean up (without using a screwdriver on the mating face) and it looks shiny and clean then a new washer should suffice.

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply's I will go to MB tomorrow and get the washer and new bolt, fingers crossed it will be fine.

Thanks

Make sure that everything is ultra clean and that includes the thread in the head for the clamp bolt.

I have used a foam backed scouring pad (cut a small section off) to give the face a good clean with no repeat occurance ;)

Also do NOT over tighten the bolt, all it needs is 7Nm then 90degrees + 90degrees. Otherwise you WILL strip the thread and then end up having to use an insert.

I have replaced several injector 'seals' on mine and there is no O ring seal, only the copper washer.

These along with the stretch bolt that retains the injector clamp plate are normally off the shelf at an M.B dealer parts department and not expensive.

I have not needed to recut any seat faces - If you carefully clean up (without using a screwdriver on the mating face) and it looks shiny and clean then a new washer should suffice.

There is a rubber seal and it is often missing or because of the leak has been damaged. It is not the end of the world if it is missing.

MB do a special grease that MUST be put on the shaft of the injector and re-cutting the seat is vital if you want to cure the seal leakage long term.

Help

Make sure that everything is ultra clean and that includes the thread in the head for the clamp bolt.

I have used a foam backed scouring pad (cut a small section off) to give the face a good clean with no repeat occurance ;)

Also do NOT over tighten the bolt, all it needs is 7Nm then 90degrees + 90degrees. Otherwise you WILL strip the thread and then end up having to use an insert.

Hi I hope you can help I'm an apprentice and I have stripped the thread in the hea where the stretch bolt goes I am going crazy I didn't know jt was only7nm neither did I know that your supposed to change the bolt any way I'm going to get the bolt but what am I supposed to do with the thread now and is there another seal apart from the copper washer?? Thank you.

Ha ha !

Just been there, only an incompetent garage person did it for me.

Mibe was solved with a helicoil and it's held OK thus far.
Some say it's better than the real thhing.
I'm not going to tell you how to fit one, 'cos I'm not an expert.

Regards the posts above, I hired a seat cleaner from United diesels, threads need to be cleaned with a tap, you must use the pucker grease, and you need to replace the stretchbolt.

All this I learned following a fairly expensive f'ckup by a so called professional.

Oh, and be sure to know your torque's. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom