W210 creaky steering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robster_1981

Car
W210 E320 CDI
I've done a few searches on the subject, but I couldn't find an answer to the problem, so I apologise if this has been covered already.

I'm getting an annoying creaking from my steering and it's doing my head in :wallbash: it happens most of the time at any speeds, and it feels/sounds like it's coming from inside the car.

From the research I've done, I know about the seal in the bulkhead, and I have had a look at that, and it looks like it has been lubed in the past as it's covered in grease.

I have just changed the lower ball joints and was hoping this would have cleared up coincidently, but no joy :(. while the car was in the air, I moved the steering lock to lock and I could hear the steering rack groaning and sounded like there was air in the system.

What is the best way to bleed the system? I have tried taking the cap off the resovoir and turning the steering lock-lock about 10 times, but it didn't do much good. I can't see any leaks anywhere and the fluid level is spot on and doesn't drop

Any ideas's? :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom